We are seeking a passionate, skilled and experienced consultant interested in California local cannabis regulation and policy. A candidate with direct experience in a California City or County where cannabis has been legalized and regulated or has worked as a cannabis consultant in the private sector, would be strongly preferred. Cannabis-related equity programming experience or special interest is highly desired. An established network/personal contacts with City and County cannabis professionals is highly desired.
Our company’s cannabis practice is well-poised for considerable growth over the next five years, doubling our staffing and revenue. Our headquarters is located in Fairfield, California and we are primarily working remotely now and into the future. However, there will be a transition period for the candidate to be in the office to learn and absorb our strong cooperative company culture.
Join our amazing company for a dynamic and fascinating career and do important cannabis policy work.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Local policy and funding implementation projects including the following tasks:
- Policy planning
- Community outreach and education
- Ordinance development
- Application review
- Cost recovery analysis
- Compliance and inspections
- Equity program development and implementation
- Public opinion polling
- Business development
- Client contact
- Special projects
- Some traditional work for our company that may not be related to cannabis
- 4-year college degree preferred but not necessary
- 1-3 years of work experience in cannabis policy and regulation
- Direct experience with local regulated cannabis – preferably with a California City or County as staff consultant. Private sector cannabis work (retail, manufacturing, cultivation) experience may also be considered.
- Lives in California and willingness to travel to projects throughout California (most travel will be day trips and will not require an overnight stay).
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to effectively execute many projects and tasks in parallel
- Excellent communication and documentation skills with ability to understand complex problems and distill the message into a clear plan
- Communicate with technical and non-technical team members effectively.
- Thrives under pressure and in ambiguous environments